Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Playa del Carmen

Okay, my lovelies. (Or, Adeena.)

Day three.


We headed out to Playa del Carmen, home of the world famous beach.

People, this is a tourist town.


While we were waiting for the People Mover, (ie Moms Van)
I decided to take pictures of the FRONT of the resort.
You've seen the inside, so here's a look at the face.

Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

A corner of the courtyard

Donna, copying me

The ground right out front

The main door. Well, entry.
There is no door.


Another corner.
I loved the iron flower pots....

Money, room key, lipstick, camera.....

This was in a different corner.
Nice, eh?
I was going to take it for a spin, but Donna wouldn't let me.
Playa del Carmen.

This was some guys HOUSE.
We asked if we could take a picture.
He said si.
I asked if I could move in.
He didn't understand the question.

One of the shops.
I just thought it looked cool.

Donna wanted to take it for a spin.
But I wouldn't let her.

This was a hotel, in downtown Playa.Gorgeous, no?

The world famous beach.



Check out the lounge furniture.
They were beds.
Nicer than most I've slept on.


We continued walking. and found this little shop.
You remember?

But check out the rest of it.
Click to enlarge....

This was one of the places I wished that I was rich.
Or had any money at all.


They kicker was, they weren't that expensive.
Cheaper than here.
A serving platter was 100 pesos, about 10 bucks.

After we bought all our treasures, we were starving.
We found a restaurant called "100% Natural."
Seriously, that was the name.
So, I figured I could eat there.

They had am awesomely wicked waterfall,
but every time I tried to take a picture.....
This woman would look at me.

So annoying.

I wanted to say. "Get over yourself, I'm trying to get what's BEHIND you."


Anyway, I finally got one without her looking.


Donna, checking the place out.
It was really cool.....
Like sitting in a rainforest.
There were trees growing up out of the tile, and loads of birds.

"Why are you taking my picture?"

I went to the bathroom.....
And wow.
Wish I had brought my camera in there.

It was a closet.
Seriously.
The slanty roof was so slanty, I couldn't stand up straight.

And the toilet?

No seat.
Just the porcelan.
Filthy porcelan.

No toilet paper.

A trickle of water to wash your hands.

Now, keep in mind, this was a swanky restaurant.

I came to find out that this was one of the nicer bathrooms out of the resort.

Anyway, after the peeing incident,
I came out to this!


A mariachi band!
Or duo.
They seranaded us for two songs...
They were so cute.

Before our salads came out, they brought this....
Roasted jalapenos with onions and garlic.
Sour cream.
And habanero pepper salsa. The green stuff.
Now, I like hot, but this stuff was ridiculous.
My mouth was still burning that night.
I think I nearly got a blister.

We got our salads, which I didn't take a picture of.
They were good, and didn't hurt me. Yay!

Oh, and we had company for lunch.
See him?

How about now?
(Click it to make it big)

We headed back to meet the bus, and I thought this restaurant was cute.



When we got back to our room, guess what we found?







A Senorita!


Lovely.


And that was it.

I do believe we had a reservation for supper that night,
but I was lazy and didn't take any pictures.

Donna did, and as soon as she sends them, I'll post them.





See ya.

4 comments:

  1. Okay.

    There is seriously no. front. doors. I can't get over that. How is there no doors?!??

    Dude's house was a tarp? A tarp?? So beyond comprehension.

    I'm glad you didn't take a picture of the gross, disgusting bathroom. :P

    And, the towel senorita is too cute! I should make those for me... just to make me happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummph..

    The reason I haven't been commenting is that I am on Dad's computer because I need a new video card and he won't buy me one.

    So, I am reading the posts, too.

    Not just Adeena.

    Just amazing, by the way. So glad to see your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! TWO comments!

    Adeena, the tarp was just giving shade. To his courtyard. There was a wrought iron gate that I was sticking my camera through, so maybe the perspectives wrong.

    The orange building on the left, and the white building straight ahead is his house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's a little better. :D

    I was wondering why his "area" was so nice if he lived under a tarp... :D :D

    ReplyDelete