Friday, January 8, 2010

The afternoon

Okay, so I lied.
I didn't do the whole day.
This is the afternoon of the first day.

I think I took a lot of pictures.


This is the entry to the main buffet.
There was always someone to open the door for you, and say Buenos Dias.
When you came in, and when you left.
You can be so lazy in Mexico you don't even have to open doors.

This is the hill up to the main lobby.
And notice, no door.
And see the little tram parked there?
In case anyone wants a ride.


The main desk in the lobby.


People sitting around.


This is the roof of the lobby.
I know it's a weird shot, but I wanted to show the thatch roof.

The afternoon we found one of the shady spots, under this cabana thing.
Really it was like a giant thatched umbrella.

One of my requirements for sitting on the beach was an onubstructed view.
No people in front of me.
And no chairs in front of me.
So because we anted shade, we had to sit farther back.
So I went and pulled all the other lounges out of my way.

I did this every day.



A look inside our thatched umbrella.
And notice in the corner?
A flock of pelicans flew by at the exact moment I took the picture.
I tried to get another of them, but they were too fast.

See that dot, way up in the sky?
That's people.
This was one of the avtivities to do.
You were hooked to a parachute, and the a boat pulled way up in the sky, and up and down the coastline.


Whee!
Looks like fun, eh?
$60/person for a 10 minute ride.
No thanks.




This little guys were everywhere.
Same bird as on the lawn outside my building.


The were pretty brave too, coming on the beach to beg for food.


This ones different. Not sure what he is.

These are called "sonates"

Pronounced like " So naughty"

Which is funny.

Here they are, on the lookout.


For what?

The waiter to leave.

These are the used plates.
But, if you left a plate of food and went back in for something else, and your table was empty, they are not above helping themselves to your food.

This is Carlos.
He is from Chappas, a little village by Guatamala.
He has seven brother and sisters.
He works here because he spooks good English.

He learned English in Tennesse, where he worked in a furniture factory.
We asked him how he liked working here.
He said, "It's easy."
He has a wife and one son.
He get's to go to Chappas and see the rest of his family once a year.

He's the one that told us the name of the Sonates.
And in his village?


They eat those birds.



Donna. Not happy I'm taking her picture.


Our view while eating lunch.



The outside eating area.
Of course, there is a great big inside eating area, but we preferred eating outside.




I leave you with a bit of beauty.

No, it's not a picture of me.

Sorry to disapoint.

But it is beautiful.









They line the walkway up to the Lobby.

Gorgeousness Everywhere, I tell you.

2 comments:

  1. That blue bird is so pretty.

    Love your view. Can't wait till it can be my view. ;)

    Why does Carlos have a name tag that says Marco?? And, were you tempted to yell "Polo!! every time you saw him?

    ReplyDelete