Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ola


Sooooooooooooo very tired today. We went to a Mayan village, Mayan ruins, we ziplined over a lagoon filled with crocs, repelled 60 feet into a cenote, which is a cave filled with the clearest, most beautiful water, which we swam in. Mui cassada. Or, very tired.

So, short post today.

I guess we are actually on yesterday, Wednesday.

Yesterday we went to Playa del Carmen. It is the fastest growing city in the world, in fact it won the Guinness Book of World Records award for fastest growing city in 2006. Ill explain more about that later.

We shopped. Boy, did we shop. A forty ouncer of Tequila, which is normally $53 in Canada, was $9. Thats not a typo. $9. Craziness.

We were so loaded down at the end of the day, we felt like pack mules.


We bought a little bit of everything.

Including the Kitchen sink.

Well, its actually a bathroom sink.


Yes, its true. Donna bought a sink.

I may not be coming home, as Donna might need my seat on the plane for her precious sink.

The sink is so precious, that Donna left the store, cradling it ever so gently. We walked to an outdoor cafe. Donna goed to pay, and says, Where is my purse. Sorry no punctuation, the keys arent working.

Anyway, Donna was soooo pleased with her purchase, she didnt see the need for her purse anymore, as she had bought everything her heart desired.

James, she actually ran back as fast as lightning, and actually, ignore the first part. She didnt leave her purse at all..........

But seriously, the sink is worth it.

So picture us, walking through downtown, loaded down not only with a gazillion bags, but a sink.

Only we would do this.

Its what makes us special. And the first store Heather went into she broke a big glass,which
brought every one in the store running. So, she now owns one broken shot glass..... she is embarassing.... and then her big shopping bag just about cleared a shelf. She nearly came home with 40 broken mexican men. Christmas shopping was very close to being done.

We very nearly missed the ride home. We were the only Loco Touristas on the twelve passenger taxi\van.

Oh well. More room for the Tequila.

We need to post a kazillion pictures for the horse riding post, so we will need about 3 more months to do it from here.

Please send money now.

Our, I will post from home. Your choice.

Ive uploaded three different pictures, all the wrong ones. So, you will have to wait till I have more sleep, or less tequila, for me to have the patience to add pics.

Sorry.

Maybe tomorrow.

Love you all.

H and D



3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you bought a sink, Donna. Of course that is the right thing to do... go to Mexico to buy your kitchen sink. Yeppers.

    I'm sure it's a great one, and I can't wait to see it. You'll have to invite me over for a shot of tequila!

    I can just picture the havoc you wreaked with your big bag, Heather.

    You have oil; I worked a miracle. Kids are fine. It is cold and stinkin' windy here. Nastiness. Quin's hockey cancelled. Freezing to death inside my house. You get the picture.

    Enjoy your 80 degree weather while you can.

    Love ya. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had tequila! Bring some to the New Years party, and share with me please! :D

    You are making me so, so jealous. I wish I could go to Mexico! :D

    ReplyDelete