Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Plates

I'm weird.


Yes, I know.



Shocking.










I like license plates.



I crane my neck to see where it's from if I notice a different one.



It brings up a lot of questions.


"Where are they from?"

That one's answered.



But then,

"Where are they going?"

"What brought them here, to wherever it is I am?"

"Is it a work trip, or a play trip?"

"Are they happy about going?"

"What is it like where they live?"

"Do they like it here?"




And so on, and so forth.

And you can imagine all kinds of scenarios,
just from that one second glimpse.





Now, in Watertown there was a LOT of different lisence plates.


I don't know if it's like this all the way through the States,
or whether it's just because it's a military town, and these are enlisted men's plates.



Where I live, I only EVER see Ontario plates.


Maybe 'cause the provinces are huge?


Don't know.





Anyway.



Here is a sampling of the different plates I saw.



Yes, I took pictures.



I don't think it's breaking any laws,
because the plates are visible to everyone.


But still...
to get the pictures I lurked.

And was very sneaky.

007-ish.



Didn't want to get in a fight with someone because I was photographing thier lisence plates.



People saw, and gave me strange looks....
but no owners of the car in question.



Okay.



On with the show!




Michigan

Connecticut

Ooooooh. Government!!

Illinois

Alabama

South Carolina

North Carolina

New Joisey

Vermont


Florida.
Do you know each county in Florida has a different plate?


Mississippi



California

Georgia

New Yahk State Trooper

Normal New York







Aaaaaand....










A very dorky picture of me.
On a cannon.





More to c0me.

3 comments:

  1. I was kind of laughing because I was reading some of the nick names for the license plates, and it went something like this:

    New Jersey: Garden State.
    Vermont: Green Mountain state.
    Florida: Sunshine State.
    Mississipi: Jones.

    ?? O.O LOL

    Nice pics! Aren't you supposed to blur the actual license numbers though? :\ hmmm...I guess they'll just call you a silly Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what is with the Mississippi "Jones" plate?? That's a riot! :D

    The cannon is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete