Monday, May 24, 2010

New Yahk.












Was the site of our next adventure.





We had fun.




We always have fun.





Destination?



Watertown, New York.



Very close to Fort Hood,
which is the largest Military Base in America.



Or so I was told.










My best friend.




One thing I noticed that was different,
among many things,

was the fact that every single little town flew an American Flag.


Well, not one flag.


Many.


Like, on every other telephone pole.




These next pictures are from Sackets Harbour.


We went to check it out,
and had lunch on the patio of "Tin Pan Galley."

A beautiful restaraunt.


Sackets Harbour is on the coast of Lake Ontario.


It has a giant War of 1812 memorial.



That's another thing that's different.


American's have memorials of war.

We don't.


It was a huge Heritage park,
devoted to The War of 1812.


When we burned the White House down.

And no.



The Americans don't admit it.




Anyway,
back to where I was.




Tin Pan Galley was gorgeous.

Donna at the entry way.


The guy from Labatts offered to take our picture.
He was there fixing the draft pumps.




The outdorr bar area






Waiting for our lunch





Another shot of the bar area





It was a beautiful place to eat

Iron and brick.
And plants and trees.

My favourite stuff in the whole wide world.


It was probably the best place I have ever eaten.


A fountain



There may have been wine......




And guess what?



Our waitress had celiac disease.


You know what that means?



It means she understood!!!!


And could tell me exactly what I could have.



So nice.


She recommended this.

This gorgeous piece of food with which to stuff my face.


Seared Tuna, (which was the best thing I've ever tasted!)
with sauteed vegetables on a bed of rice noodles, with wasabi cream to dip.



Delicious.


And Donna got a Turkey Reuben, with the house Pasta Salad.


Looked delicious!






So, if you every visit Sackets Harbour NY,
go eat at Tin Pan Galley.





You won't regret it.









3 comments:

  1. Punch buggy yellow no punch backs!! Some day we will have to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chickie in the window is... interesting. :)

    Of course they don't admit it... it's in the song. ;)

    Your lunch does look good... I *might* try tuna steak. Does it taste 'fishy'? Salmon tastes fishy to me, makes me barf. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, God provided that waitress for you!! Yum.

    Best friends are awesome. XD

    ReplyDelete